Saturday, June 09, 2007

Help - My Dog's Bum is Very Red

I came across yet another comical posting today while reading the 'Pets Community' on Craig's List. Each time I read one of these funny/odd postings it puts my issues into perspective and I realize things could be worse.

Hopefully this person will resolve the dog's problem but more importantly I hope, at a minimum, she has her carpet cleaned. I would lean more towards ripping it out!

Hi, I know that sounds like a funny title but it is true. When I took my dog out last night, I noticed that his stool was very hard and he seemed to struggle to push it out. Later that night, he was dragging his bum on my rug. I figured it must be worms so I was going to pick some up medicine today. But when we went out this morning, he again struggled to release his stool and again it was very hard. Now his bum is very red (almost to the point of some blood) and looks sore. I have never seen a stool softener for dogs, but I don't want to give him dewormer if it won't be effective. Is this worth a visit to the vet? Any advice would be great! Thanks!

No comments: