Friday, June 29, 2007

Lawn Mowing Machine

With the arrival of spring, also comes lawn mowing. Of course keeping the lawn cut and manicured is a requirement of being a responsible and proud home owner but it's also an exercise in futility with very little return on the time spent.

Since the beginning of May 2007 here are the lawn mowing tallies I've performed through the end of June - just two month. This includes both my lawn and my dad's lawn.
  1. My Lawn = 11 times to date and counting...
  2. My Dad's = 7 times to date and counting...
While we're on the subject of lawn mowing, I am reminded of the following quote by Long Duk Dong from the 80's movie Sixteen Candles, which just happens to be one of my favorites -

"I love visiting with Grandma and Grandpa, and writing letters to parents, and pushing lawn mowing machine so Grandpa’s hyena don’t get disturbed."

No comments: