Monday, August 27, 2007

Bluegill or Sunfish

Emilie, JoAnne and I did a little fishing on Saturday afternoon. Actually, it worked like this - JoAnne worked the camera, Emilie reeled in the catches and I baited the hook, hooked the fish and removed them from the hook. Now tell me who had the better job?

Anyway, we had some leftover worms from out trip to Sebago Lake Maine so we went down to a local pond and had some fun. Despite it being prolly the hottest, thickest, most oppressive day all summer long the Bluegill were bite'n. We caught approximately 12 to 15 fish with many of them hitting the bait almost at the instant it hit the water.


Here is a nice looking Bluegill.


Here's one where the hook almost 'took out an eye'. I am happy to report that I was able to safely remove the hook, save the eye and release back into the wild.


This one was ad libbing. Please pay no attention to my dirty finger. Remember, I was baiting the hook and removing the fish so they're gonna get dirty.


And here is the weapon used to land these ferocious fish - the "Shakespeare". Used with a size 8 Eagle Claw snelled fish hook, killer! Don't let the pink colors and floral design fool you, this bad boy can party!

Bottom line is that we all had fun, especially Emilie. Even the fish got a bite to eat, the lucky ones, and all were released unharmed. The remaining worms were also released into my compost pile and the container recycled. A win-win-win!

No comments: