Monday, September 17, 2007

Lavender Guinea Keets - UPDATE

I've got some sad to news to inform you all - the Lavender Guinea Keets have died, or should I say murdered :-(

I introduced them into the chicken pen on Saturday. They were getting too big to be kept in the cage I had them in, plus they were getting too stinky and needed to be moved out of the garage. I felt the chicken pen was the safest place - boy was I wrong.

I knew the chickens would peck them and give them a hard time but felt since Guineas are more on the gamey side that they'd be able to fly up on the roosts to get away to a safe spot. Well, I was wrong. The chickens actually killed them and it wasn't too pretty a site either. Of course if that wasn't bad enough Emilie was the first one to see the carnage. She was SO excited to go see how they were doing. She was completely devastated and terribly upset and still is today.

RIP


Earlier posting titled, "Lavender Guinea Keets"

No comments: