Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mashed & Smashed & Rotted Potatoes

Here is a picture my Yukon Gold potato's that I ordered from Gurney's Seeds and Nursery Co. As you can see they're not in very good shape at all but rather on the wet and rotted and stinky side (of course you can't smell them but trust me they're stinky). Unfortunately, this is what I was presented with when I opened the bag, which also happened to be at the time I was going to put them in the ground, alas.

The good news is Gurney's is going to replace these right away and all it took was an email to their customer support folks. They should be here in a couple weeks, which is in plenty of time to plant for fall harvest - hmm hmm good!

1 comment:

SmF732 said...

Gurney's replacement Yukon Gold potatoes arrived and have been planted (5/31) - 2 rows worth.