Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Here's Your Sign

It was raining this afternoon as I left work and of course I didn't have my umbrella with me, it was nice and dry in the truck. There was also thunder and lightening happening too - a thunder storm.

Last week we had a thunder storm in the area that came on suddenly, which caught most people by surprise. One group of people in Boston, Dorchester to be exact, were out playing soccer when the storm hit so the group of them, all (10), seeked cover under a large tree to get out of the rain - wrong decision. Lightening hit the tree traveled down and struck all ten people - all survived.

Anyway, as I was walking to my truck I was startled by a dude (co-worker) standing under a tree to get out of the rain while smoking a cigarette. We said "hi" to each other about the same time a loud clap of thunder hit. The dude says "wow, not the smartest idea to be standing under a tree in a thunder storm". I'm thinking to myself dude your smoking a cigarette if the lightening doesn't kill you the cigarette will.

"Here's your sign", from comedian Bill Engvall

No comments: