Sunday, January 18, 2009

toilet, can, commode, crapper, pot, potty, throne

We got a very good deal on brandy new American Standard low flow commodes just before Christmas, so we bought three of em. We're looking for ways to save money wherever we can and this is one of them - I s**t you not (no pun intended or is there?).

Of course I had some trepidation before beginning and was fearful that a relatively simply project would turn into an all day affair thus becoming an infamous "Frye project". However, I installed the first throne last Sunday afternoon and I gotta tell you it wasn't too bad. Outside of needing to make a quick trip to the local hardware store for a replacement part I was finished, tools put away, area cleaned up and took the maiden pee all under 2 hours.

Having completed the initial replacement install unscathed and with my confidence high I installed the other two cans yesterday. Outside of a couple hurdles they too went relatively smooth and both were installed and usable in about 4 hours.
Before & After

No comments: