Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Today's Commute Experience

Today's morning commute to work -

Once I made it to the highway I set the cruise control at 68MPH, turned up the radio and settled in for my 70+ minute commute to the office.

At 6:45AM, for some reason, there was an unusually high amount of traffic on Rt. 495, especially since it's April vacation for the grade schoolers here in New England. The traffic also included more 18-wheeler type trucks than I'm used to navigating through. Okay, so the ride was gonna be a little more stressful than I'm used to; I turned up the radio.

At one point I moved into the high speed passing lane to do just that, pass. There was a string of trucks all queued up and taking over the middle travel lane - they're forbidden to drive in the high speed passing lane, and there's just too many vehicles making there way onto the highway via the on ramps, so the big trucks are better off staying in the middle lane; I get that, I do but still hate em.

Anyway, even though I'm now in the high speed passing lane, I'm NOT going to punch the accelerator, why? So, like the little engine that could I was making progress at passing the big rigs. When, low and behold, what to my wandering eyes should appear but some banana eating douche bag in a big gas guzzler, half SUV half pick up type thingy-ma-bob, riding my rear bumper! C'mon dude, where the "F" do you want me to go? Can't you see I'm stuck here and riding my ass is NOT going to help matters? You can get as close as you want, still not gonna move over - I can't!

After a mile or two of this rump riding I HIT the brakes hard. Two things I'm certain happened immediately after that - one, the banana this jerk-off was eating got jammed down his throat as he reacted and hit his brakes. Second, that he shit himself, if even just a little bit! Yup, I woke his sorry ass up. He backed off immediately at that point. You see it was a matter of will and I was NOT moving for that pencil-neck-geek, I was determined to stay right where I was. He'd need to wait till the opportunity presented itself to him so he could GO AROUND ME, which is exactly what happened and off he went. At that point, I signaled and moved into the middle travel lane.


What an ass-hat! I was hoping to see him on the side of the highway in some ditch but no such luck. Just glad he had to sit in his soiled panties all day :-))

**NOTE: I'm NOT advocating violence, nor am I condoning this type of behaviour. Actually, pretty dumb especially at 70MPH but very satisfying just the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That banana eating dude sounds like sfrye732 of about 20 years ago.....

Dad said...

I don't get it!! What is the big hurry? Is an extra 5 minutes that important? Why the road rage? SLOW DOWN before something terrible happens. Sincerely,
Love Dad