Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Got The Scare of My Life the Other Day!

And here it (he) is pictured below!

Yup, JoAnne brought home this 15-month old Pekingese named Nicky - it's a dog. Claimed it was now ours; a pure breed that cost us nothing, nada, zippo, zilch - he was free. Well, I was overcome with emotion, as you might expect, and began to sob uncontrollably. Oh, the price was just right but a "kick me" dog?! We're going to be owners of a "kick me" dog, uugh! The only thing worse would be to own a puggle or a beagle or both, egad! We have rabbits bigger than this dude.

Well, the good news is that she was pulling my leg. Yes, he's a pure breed, and yes, he was free but the good news was that she got him for her mother and he was only staying for a couple days; he was NOT staying in Franklin, hooray! We're not owners of a "kick me" dog, yabba dabba doo!

Of course Emilie fell in love with him instantly. She doded over him constantly and took him for walks around the yard, talked with him, played with him and generally wouldn't leave him alone. Naturally, she was VERY upset and sad when he was dropped off at her grandmothers house. I guess we need to look into getting Emilie a dog one of these days and it needs to be sooner rather than later.

No comments: