Sunday, October 24, 2010

Winterizing - Getting There!

Made some progress yesterday on getting our yard put to bed for the winter. It's a long process and takes time but I made a dent. We're getting there...

The vegetable gardens are all done! They're all had compost added, the soil turned and the winter rye sowed. The garlic, which is starting to poke through the soil, has been mulched. I left a couple kale plants, which I am still feeding to the bunnies and about six red onions that are trying to make a go of it but time is not on their side. Anyway, phew!



Emilie and I got bird feeders cleaned, filled and hung. The birds don't miss a trick and have already begun visiting. I'm thinking it's due to the bad economic times we're all in. We've seen some Chickadees, Titmice and White-breasted Nuthatches.

No comments: