Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Frost Bite Burger


So, my dad came over the house on Sunday to watch the football games. Sadly, and still a rather sore subject, is how the New England Patriots were eliminated from the playoffs, alas.


Anyway, my dad arrived with ground hamburger meat and the fix'ns for burgers and announces, " I haven't had a good burger in a while".

Of course I'm thinking to myself, "oh great who's the lucky one that gets to do the grill'n", knowing full well that I had already drawn the short straw. The outside temperature here at the ole homestead at grill'n time was...wait for, wait for, wait for it 14.6 degrees!

I'm not even going to get into the specifics that the deck had yet to be shoveled or that the grill was buried in snow or that the grill cover was frozen to the grill, which proceeded to tear apart as I struggled to remove it. Nope, not gonna do it.

Best damn burger he ever had I tell you!

1 comment:

Michelle Clay said...

You couldn't just tell him no? :)