Monday, February 28, 2011

Wile E. Coyote of Cooper's Hawk

I took this picture with my cell phone, so I'll admit it's not the greatest and a tad too far away too but it's all I had with me at the time, so I went with what I had at my disposal. That being said care to take a guess at what is lying down there in the snow?

Well, it looks like a Cooper's Hawk; a flown-into-the-building, SMACK, fall-to-the-snow-covered-ground-in-a-heap-of-feathers-dead Cooper's Hawk, which is a shame. I would rather see something like a seagull or crow, not a beautiful bird of prey.


Ironically, this hawk is lying dead at the foot of the Norfolk Probate and Family Court building. Oh, there are SO many ways I could go with this, but I will simply leave it at that...


This Cooper's Hawk is one that we see frequently in our back yard. Always looking to take advantage of and score an easy meal from one of the dinning birds that flock to our feeders.

No comments: