Monday, April 18, 2011

Our Handsome Feathered Visitor

Our visiting Eastern Bluebird




The last couple of years we've always had a handful of Eastern Bluebirds stop in for a visit in early spring and this year was no different. This stunning little man was flying solo the other morning and stopped in for a snack on our bittersweet berries.




At one point he even stopped in and poked around at our bird house open house. Boy wouldn't it be nice if he took up residence here for the summer. Alas, we've not seen him around for over a week now, so I suspect he's found himself another place. Perhaps, I should consider hanging several Bluebird house to increase our chances...


I have the plans. I have the lumber and supplies. It's on the list, just need to bump up it's priority. At this point I have till early Spring 2012, plenty of time...

No comments: