Thursday, September 01, 2011

Summer 2011 Deck Repair

Dear Diary -

Timothy "Tim the Tool Man" Taylor I am not but I'm holding my own and tackling some homestead deck upgrades. Frye Brother's Construction started the project back in June, but soon thereafter one of the dynamic duo's hopped a plane back down south - go figure. A few minor set backs slowed progress, however, with those behind me now things are looking up and have been progressing nicely these last couple of weeks.

The rail spindles need to be cut and installed. Once done, the deck top will be completed. All that will remain, and I use the word "all" loosely, is the stairs.

One of the set backs was that the (3) 12' 4x4 supporting posts needed to be replaced. After consulting with neighbors and friends I opted to go with the suggestion my Uncle gave and that was to replace them with 6x6 posts. Now that they're in place I am SO pleased. They look fantastic, however, 14' 6x6 posts are a tad heavy. The extra post heights use remains to be determined, although, we do have a couple ideas. After lugging those bad boys around you can now consider me a polyorchidsm man.




View of the deck top looking West -

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Umm, were are my acolades???? Not even a mention?!?!? Well the next time you need help, don't look to Mrs Frye, she will be busy elsewhere!!!!!