Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Fancy New Dryer Vent Installed



I took advantage of last weekends 60+ degree weather and installed a brandy new dryer vent replacing the old, unsightly, incorrectly installed existing one. This one is designed better to keep the outside elements and critters out, while letting the hot dryer air out.

I cut the clap boards so the vent would sit flush against the house, chalked it good behind and then around all sides and edges once I fastened it securely to the house with four screws.

Inside, I installed new flex tubing from the dryer to the newly installed vent and fastened it so there are no holes or leaks. I then took the front panel off the dryer itself and shop vac'd the inside of the machine. It's now clean as a whistle and safe from the potential of catching fire. I'll paint it the vent come spring time to match the house.

In the end it all works like a charm and looks better to boot.

No comments: