Friday, February 17, 2012

Tsk, Tsk, Tsk Hard Way to Learn

I hit some traffic on my way into the office yesterday, which was a result of a 3-car, high speed lane accident on Rt. 495. Since I was closer to the accident the delay wasn't too bad but I'm sure it had a terrible effect on the commuters behind me.

Naturally, traffic was stop and go until I got past the accident scene. I find this the worst type of traffic to drive in, as you need to pay attention and stay alert plus you don't want anyone cutting in front of you - it's my space so back off, GRRR

Back in September 2010, Massachusetts became the 30th state to ban texting while driving. However, I can tell you with 100% certainty, as I see it EVERY day, that most folks do NOT adhere to this ban. I see drivers ALL the time driving and texting away. What's even more scary is that I see this occurring at speeds of 65, 70, 75+ miles per hour.

So, as I'm sitting in this stop and go traffic I see a dude to my right in a white Toyota Camry texting away. He was not paying attention because when traffic began to move he hit the gas, however, the traffic only moved 15 feet or so. Can you take a guess at what happened next...BAM he hit the car in front of him. It was funny to watch, (of course it's funny when it's not happening to me), as if the entire event was happening in slo motion. It looked like he hit the brakes about the same time as the accelerator. The front wheels locked up and his car learch forward trying to stop but there wasn't enough space. What makes it even funnier is that he rear-ended a fancy newer white Mercedes.

From what I could see there was minimal damage but I've learned first hand that doesn't matter and the dude is in for an insurance rate increase and perhaps even more.

What a #jackwagondipshit! That'll learn him...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you know a thing or two about hitting other cars..... Two in one day.......