Thursday, April 05, 2012

Lesson Learned - Always Wash Your Hands!

Had a hankering for a toasted bagel the other morning, so once I arrived in the office and got settled I made my way to the cafe.

Getting into the office early has it's benefits. For example, I'm able to get a parking space close to the building, choice of fresh bagels and almost no lines at the toaster. This morning I scored all three.

So, while toasting my everything bagel, a coworker was making his way over to the "spreads" section to top his English muffin - you know, butter, margarine, cream cheese, jelly and peanut butter. Now, this particular person is typically grumpy most of the time anyway, my experience with him. Well, he proceeds to pick up the butter knife which had fallen over into peanut butter and now had a peanut butter coated handle. Apparently, the knife was placed back into the butter tub without the handle being cleaned. Where has common courtesy gone?!

Well, don't you know this person was NOT a happy camper! This look of disgust immediately comes to his face as he beings to look around for one of the cafe workers. Alas, there are none to be found, nor are there any napkins. The disgust now turns to anger and he's pissed! What he does next blows my mind - he licks the peanut butter off his hands AS WELL AS off the handle of the knife, eewwww, then proceeds to butter his English muffin. When done, he put the knife back in the tub of butter and storms off mumbling towards the cashier...

Needless to say I stayed away from the butter knife!

No comments: