Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Of Course This Means War!

So, as I indicated in an earlier post, we planted a handful of veggies plants this past Sunday.  Well, wouldn't you know that when I looked out the windows on Tuesday morning I was burning mad to see that all four of my lettuce plants were eaten to the ground.  The parsley fared better but all four plants were nibbled on and to top it all off three of the five dill plants were also eaten to the ground, UGH!

I'm 100% certain this was the work of a wild rabbit.  Interestingly, I didn't see any wild rabbits in our yard all Spring. I understand that just because I don't see them doesn't mean that there not out there but I don't find it funny that they appear at the same time my veggies are planted and then think they can help themselves to my young, tender plants, NOPE!

Needless to say to this means war!  As a matter of fact I went old school on one adult rabbit tonight! The way it was done in the olden days, the real olden days just to make it a fair fight.  Score = Farmer 1, Wild Rabbit 0

Let's  rock and roll!!

No comments: