Sunday, May 27, 2012

Proof Is In The Pool (Pudding) In This Case!


Now, I know that you all know that I wouldn't tell a lie, you know!  That being said and for those skeptics out there here's a Friday AM picture of Donald and Daffy duck lounging pool side.  They stayed for maybe twenty minutes, then off they went.


Friday afternoon the male arrived again but this time alone.  He stayed in the water all the while "quack-ing" for his lady who never came or responded.  He flew off in short order.  However, this morning I was awoken to the noisy sound of "QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK...".  The misses had arrived and was nervously calling for her mate who must have been returning the favor and ignoring her as she did to him the previous day.

When I raised the window screen to ask her to keep it down, she proceeded to fly up out of the water towards me and then veered off and landed on the chimney.  She stayed up for the close to 10 minutes QUACK QUACK QUACKing away.  She didn't seem bothered that I had made my way onto the deck and to take pictures of her.  She eventually flew off in search of her mate.  I can only imagine that he's gonna be in a world of trouble for not answering her.  I bet he had to sleep on the equivalent of the ducky couch last night...

No comments: