Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Veggie Gardening Almost Complete!



So I finally made it down to Marshfiled to visit my farmer friend, which was long over due.  There really isn't an easy way to get to Marshfield from Franklin.  Actually, let me rephrase that, there really isn't a straight forward and quick way to get to Marshfield from Franklin.  It's mostly highway but like four of them.  Anyway, I wished we lived closer so I could visit and spend more time there.

As usual for this time of year I never head home empty handed and this time was no different.  I was sent home with oodles and oodles of veggie and annual flower plants, which all required immediate attention once I got home.

As tired as I was I was looking down the barrel of a good couple of hours work ahead of me. I am happy to report that I got it all done, yippee!

I planted (20) tomato plants 3 different varieties: Early Girl, Better Boy & Celebrity, (8) Bell Pepper, (4) Kale, also another mound of Silver Queen corn (20 seeds).  On the annual flower side: Petunias, Inpatients, two different kinds of Coleus, Zinnias, Marigolds and Begonias, PHEW!

Now it water water water time!!

No comments: