Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My Veggies Keeper


Came across this Common Garter snake the other afternoon while puttering around the yard.  All coiled up and enjoying the summer sun amongst the Kale and Broccoli plants.

Like the name implies they're quite common around these parts.  However, that being said we've not had that many here around the ole homestead since we moved in, which is a little unusual.  Typically, I would see one or two each time I cut my folks lawn and they were always around when I was growing up.

Of course these slithering dudes are more than welcome in my yard!  Would prefer if he stuck to a diet of worms and insect, instead of toads, which there is an abundance of this year.  Toads are insect eating machines, especially slugs. so push comes to shove the toads would win.

No comments: