Monday, October 22, 2012

Vintage Game Pieces Menagerie


So, with winter fast approaching, I'm under the gun to get, at least, one garage bay cleared out so that we can get JoAnne's vehicle inside.

In order to accomplish this "stuff" has to go!  Unfortunately, the vintage board games I've been storing for over a year now drew the short straw. I spent a couple hours this past rainy Saturday morning going through them and culling.  When I was done our 65-gallon recycling barrel was choke full right to the top.

I was somewhat selective on what I kept but at the end of the day many, many a board game is now gone.  The good news is that I recycled almost everything, not too much went into the regular trash.

In order to ensure the small game pieces didn't end up all over the place, like in the street, I bagged them all up.  The picture above contains said pieces, which came from 10 to 12 board games.  Kinda cool I guess.

Sad to have had to dispose of them in this manner but I was unsuccessful in finding homes for them.  I desperately need the space and tired of moving these games around.

More space needs cleaning and more work needs to be done, so more "stuff" will be going.  Actually, feels pretty good!

No comments: