Friday, May 03, 2013

STOP Right There!

 
and this is how to prevent (my approach anyway) the annoying, dirty House Sparrows from nesting in our bird houses.
 
I do not care for the House Sparrow at all.  Sadly, our neighbors have a Purple Martin house, which is basically a low income bird house, that has attracted these sparrows instead of the intended audience and has for years.
 
These dirty little birds are always flying onto and into the chicken coop, pooping everywhere and constantly stealing the chickens food, UGH.
 
We'd rather have any other bird nesting in the houses we've put up but it seems these Sparrows drive out/away the other birds.  So, I watch and wait and let the sparrows spent their time and effort building their nests and then BAM I block their hole.
 
I do not like them in a box.
I do not like them with a fox.
I do not like them in a house.
I do not like them with a mouse.
I do not like them here or there.
I do not like them anywhere.
I do not like House Sparrows.
I do not like them, Stephan-I-am.

No comments: