Thursday, November 14, 2013

Larry, Daryl and Daryl Construction, Perhaps...


 
So, the town is in the process of replacing the water pipes on our street. What a mess too!  There's pipes, signs, equipment and machinery littering the street, not to mention the new potholes and half assed blacktop patching and paving they've done!
 
Anyway, they've made their way to the stretch of roadway in front of our house, where they've been working for a couple weeks. I'm guessing here but earlier this month they were replacing the water connectors that run to each house.  The pictures above show them tackling the next door neighbors line.  Much to my ire and VERY frustratingly the knuckle-heads thought it OK to back them equipment down onto my lawn and WELL past the property line, like 25' past, UGH!!
 
You can see in the second picture that they've patched their work BUT not all of the damage.  The red lines show just how far down the lawn they went.  They left two deep ruts in the lawn but chose NOT to repair, why?!?!  Good old fashion American laziness is my guess!  So, I called the town hall to log a formal complaint.  I was assured that all damage will be addressed and repaired when the bulk of the work has been completed - new loam, leveling, seeding, etc.
 
We'll see! I will believe it when I see it!

No comments: