Sunday, December 01, 2013

I Survived Thanksgiving!



This Wild Turkey hen has hanging around the neighbor the last several days.  She's by herself, with no other turkeys in sight.  She'll call out every now and they but there's no replies, alas.

I'm guessing she's feeling pretty good now that Thanksgiving has passed. Perhaps, a sense of security, however, her days could be numbered as she crosses the street quite often,  They're not the brightest bulbs on the tree these turkeys and this one is no exception.  I'm afraid it's just a matter of time before someone hits her, especially with the knucklehead speeders on out street.

My neighbor called on Wednesday afternoon, the day before Thanksgiving, to let me know that he and his wife took care of our Thanksgiving turkey this year.  He said all we need to do now is catch it...

No comments: