Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Marine Toys for Tots



A local morning radio program, WAAF, held it's annual Toys for Tots toy drive last Friday morning at Boch Toyota in Norwood.  This is the same radio station that I typically listen to on my 62 mile commute to the office.

Ironically, I had previously scheduled an appointment at this same dealership and on the same day as the toy drive, to have two recalls taken care of on my Corolla.

So, I stopped at Walmart on my way over and purchased several toy for the drive.  Dropped my vehicle off and was able to sit front and center and enjoy the show in person.

The top picture shows the morning show crew, which includes LB (Lyndon Byers, an ex-Boston Bruins #34, who spent the early eighties with the team and who was also their enforcer).  Also, sitting all the way to the right is Mr. Ernie Boch Jr. of  Boch automotive.

It was a good take for a good cause and helped kill the 2+ hour wait time for my vehicle repairs.  There was also free food and swag and look at the number of toys donated, all going to a worth cause!

No comments: