Sunday, September 28, 2014

German Red Garlic, Planted!

I placed my Garlic order on the 19th.  One pound of a hardneck variety called "German Red".  My order arrived on the 26th.  I planted on the 27th.  Here is the sites description for this garlic - 

"This lovely hardneck garlic has a bold, full-bodied true "garlic" flavor. Consistent producer of large bulbs with with fat cloves and red streaked inner wrappers.

Fewer, but larger cloves per bulb with a complex flavor. These generally do better in areas with colder winters."

(7) Beautiful BIG bulbs arrived -

Separated into (49) individual cloves -

Three row of (16) cloves each -

Cover and water -

Also, emptied a bag of grass clippings atop each row to help retain the moisture.  Once they poke through I'll add more clippings for added insulation through the winter.

Can taste them already!!

No comments: