Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Fall Hosta Haircut



Most of our yards Fall cleanup has been completed.  The cleanup basically consists of cutting back all the flowers and doing a final weeding and cleaning of all beds.  I cut up most of the plants and dump them in the compost pile for future use.  

I intentionally left the Hosta above, as it was a hiding place for a big green Praying Mantis all Summer long.  I would remove it later after we had our first hard frost.

So, I removed and cleaned all around this dude and moved on.  Ironically the next day I noticed that a deer had visited, prolly in the early morning, and decided to assist in trimming this Hosta back.

Of course I would prefer the deer stay out of our gardens.  However, since it's the Fall and this Hosta was destined for the compost pile, it's all good.  At this point it would be nice if they came back and finished the job...

No comments: