Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Frye Pack Rat


Before there was Clark Griswold and the Wagon Queen Family Truckster station wagon, there was the Frye Family from Massachusetts.

From an early age we'd take road trips down south to visit family.  They all took place in a flavor of station wagon which usually had "stuff" strapped to the roof, as well as the back loaded up too.

Although, I don't recall specifically watching my dad and his loading process for these trips, somewhere along the way this knowledge was transferred to me.

I'm now proud to tout this talent, which I'll give you a glimpse of in the above picture.  Once the lawn tractor is moved across the street and into the neighbors shed for the winter I'll be able to park my Corolla in the garage with plenty of room!  Of course, all the items against the back wall will not be reachable until Spring but my car will be safe from the outside New England elements and much warmer for when I initially get inside.

This has become a yearly rite of passage to both store the outside yard 'stuff', i.e.lawn furniture, and get my car inside.

Success!

No comments: