Sunday, January 25, 2015

Mr. Murphy...


Friday nights snow storm was a good precursor for what's to come.  It also allowed me to take the snow-blower out for it's first spin of 2015 and a good thing too.

Started right up on the second pull, however, when I began using it she'd conk out.  This happened several times when all of a sudden "Murphy" appeared.

The pull cord snapped on one of the restarts - of course it did, UGH!

Fortunately, this model has an electric start, so I was able to get her running again.  However, the conk outs continued, which was challenging as I needed to lump the machine back to the garage to plug in and restart.

Ah, but "Murphy" wasn't done, nope.  He was still hanging around.  This time he worked his magic when the snow-blower blade hit the corner of a railroad tie, which caused the shear bolt to break (by design), ALAS.

So, in anticipation of the Nor'easter heading our way I spent a couple hours this morning on the machine.  Fortunately, I had a spare shear bolt and a brandy new spark plug, so I replaced them both.  Checked the fluids and tires and we're ready to roll!

Looking at the spark plug picture, old vs new, I'm hoping this explains why the machine kept conking out.

No comments: