Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Good Fences Make Good Neighbors

Our roughly 13 year old post and rail fence, which was actually a used fence when I obtain and installed it, is yet another item around the ole homestead that needs a fix'n.  The posts are rotting and starting to topple, see below. 

This 18' section lasted longer than I anticipated but came to it's demise and fell over recently.  Since it's against our veggie garden I wanted to get it repaired sooner rather than later and well before planting season.  I want to ensure or at least minimize the smaller critters access points.

Some pliers, wire cutters, a rake and shovel and of course a yellow handled sledge, along with several green metal fence posts and I was off to the races.

Before repair, rear -

After repair, rear - 

Before repair, front - 

After repair, front - 

Took me longer than originally planned, perhaps because I'm too anal, but I'm very pleased with the finished product.

Next!

No comments: