Of course, just a couple days after posting about not seeing many Canadian Geese here in East Tennessee, we’ll whadda yeah know -
Yup, several dozen milling about in this recently harvested wheat field this morning, which runs along a section of the trail I’ve been walking.
As I pointed out in my previous post, Small Vee, the “goose grease” is the dead give away that these nuisance pests are nearby and sure enough it was present and covering a large portion of the trail today, gross 🤮!
The more I think about it, I’m guessing here in East Tennessee, these honkers will start appearing more and more as corn fields, soybean fields, wheat fields, etc., are harvested leaving behind oodles of grains for the taking.
I don’t blame them, free eats after all is a good thing. Just would be nice If they’d stay off the walkways, roads and parking lots…


No comments:
Post a Comment