Smile you’re on candid camera…
Oops π¬, seems I’m a tad slow on the ole iPhone camera draw, alas.
Here are a few examples where had I been a little faster, perhaps I’d have a picture or two to share. Sadly, being I’m all thumbs π sometimes, the below descriptions is all I have for you. You’ll need to use you imagination -
I stepped off the walking trail yesterday morning to shake the dew of my trouser lily π, next to Moon Creek. Well, I startled an otter π¦¦, yes an otter π¦¦! He didn’t stick around for a photo shoot, noppers, rather he took off like a dart and was gone with water π¦ splashing and swooshing. He startled me so that it was all I could do to not wet myself forget reaching for my camera. Alas, a missed opportunity.
Or when a BIG raccoon π¦ crossed the walking trail just feet away from me, as it ran into the soybean field! I was too slow again.
How bout the time I scared a mother deer π¦ and her youngster? It was another one of those moments when, truth be told, we scared each other. I was in deep thought having already walked six miles, when the pair darted from along side the corn π½ field. With the mother taking the lead, they both crossed the walking trail and the street (Eden street) running parallel to it. However, the far side of the street has a wire fence running along it and there are trees on both sides of said fence and all sorts of overgrowth covering it all, so there was no easy access spot to get over. Both deer ran up and down the fence line several times searching for an opening. The mother found it first and jump the fence with confidence and ease. The youngest on the other hand was less sure of itself but finally made the jump and off they disappeared into the overgrowth. In hindsight, I prolly had time to pull out my phone and snap a pic but I was captivated with watching them flee and hearing their hoofs clippity-clopping on the street.
Or the time I spied a lizard π¦ on the Tusculum university Bill and Jean Pilloni pedestrian bridge; the one that spans over Rt107. I did a double take on this dude because I was VERY surprised to see such a critter here in East Tennessee. Florida yes, definitely but not here.
Unless I can improve my reaction times, might need to consider a body camera or perhaps a Go Pro. These missed opportunities to get these cool sighting captured is a bummer.
No comments:
Post a Comment