Thursday, August 13, 2026

My Memorial Plant

The Peace Lily in the below pictures was given to me back in 2018 by my close friends and neighbors, as a living gesture for the passing of my dad.

It’s a special plant, that has special meaning to me and I’ve tried my best to care for it. It’s the only house plant that made the move to Tennessee with Ms Trixie and I. 
However, as you can see in the first pic below it was looking a bit queasy. Now I typically let it get to this stage where it droops and sags before watering it. Then in the sink it goes for a deep, deep soaking, and it pops right back up -


The other day, however, I first took it outside, removed it from its pot and removed most of the old soil from the pot itself, as well as banged much off its roots, then replaced it with brandy new Miracle Gro indoor potting soil!

It was long overdue for a make over with newer fertilized soil and a good soaking.

Just look how it’s responded -


As happy as a pig in 💩 

Or in this case, fresh potting soil!

No comments:

Post a Comment