Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Blue Bird

Yup, a Blue Bird!



This picture was taken in the early Spring. You can see him perched on the fence in our backyard. He didn't stay too long at all and honestly I am not sure how I was even able to take this picture of him but I did and here's the proof!

This magnificent little fellow dropped in and surprised the day-lights outta me. Although we live in what was once known as a farm type community that was a long time ago. As I imagine with most communities today construction is constant and the face of the towns are changing. As a result the open spaces are becoming harder to find, so it was VERY surprising to see this dude visiting our back yard. Needless to say I was pretty excited at this sighting. JoAnne was not as moved and didn't fully understand my excitement but played along just the same - she's a peach!

I was hoping he'd decide to choose one of our bird houses and stay but we only saw him that one time. Perhaps, he'll visit us again next Spring and hopefully stay longer. Time will tell...

No comments: