Friday, June 08, 2007

Help "Humping" Problem Embarrassing

I came across this while reading 'Pets Community' on Craig's List this morning. It's reassuring to know that I am not the only one with problems and after reading this my problems don't seem too bad after all...

I need some advice. Can some one please tell me the most effective way to get my mothers dog to stop humping other dogs??? My mother has a Lhasa Apso/Shitz Tsu mix and I just got a Lhasa pup. Her dog is a really wonderful dog that is not neutered and he is 6 years old. Vets have told us that neutering him may not stop the problem and we are nervous to get it done just because he is a little bit older and why put him through it if it won't help. Is this a behavioral problem that we can train out of him???? We want to be able to use each other as dog sitters but this behavior is so bad I don't know what to do. He also did it to my friend's 2 year old daughter. He seems to do it to anything his own size b/c he doesn't even try it w/the bigger dogs on his street. Please help I need this to stop. We are planning on going away and were hoping my mother could dog sit.
Thanks

No comments: