Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Bee Sting Remedy

I came across the following story in the Yahoo group Classifieds For Animals. I have not tried this remedy yet so I can not vouch if this truely works but it's worth a try.

I have changed the names in an effort to spice the story up - Master Pimp stephan Shizzle tells the story, Candy is his neighbor and Porche is Candy's niece.

DID THEY WASH THE PENNIES FIRST???
Bee/Hornet Cure

A couple of weeks ago I got stung by both a bee and hornet while working in the garden. My arm swelled up so off to the doctor I went. The clinic gave me cream and an antihistamine. The next day the swelling was getting progressively worse so off to my regular doctor I went. Infected arm and needing an antibiotic. What was interesting is what the doctor told me - the next time you get stung put a penny on the bite for 15 minutes.


Well, that night Candy's niece Porche got stung by two bees. When she came over to swim I looked at the bite and it had already started to swell. So off I went to get my money and taped a penny to her arm for 15 minutes. The next morning, there was no sign of a bite. Wow, were we surprised.

Guess what happened again on Saturday night. I was helping Candy deadhead her flowers and I got stung again two times by a hornet on my left hand. I thought, here I go again having to go to the doctor for yet another antibiotic. I promptly went into the house and taped two pennies to my bites for 15 minutes. The penny took the string out of the bite immediately. I still wasn't sure what was going to happen. In the mean time the hornets were attacking Candy and she got stung on the thumb. Again the penny. The next morning I could only see the spot where I was stung - no redness, no swelling. Went over to see Candy and her's was the same. Couldn't even tell where she got stung. Then Candy got stung again on Monday night cutting the grass, again it worked.

The doctor said somehow the copper in the penny counteracts the bite. I would never had believed it. But it definitely does work. So remember this little bit of wisdom and pass it on to your friends, children, grandchildren, etc.

Pennies Pennies Pennies

No comments: