Sunday, August 19, 2007

Peaches

Our peaches are almost ready. Don't they look delicious? Well, they have been in past years, so I can only assume they'll be just as tasty this year too, no reason to think otherwise - I'll let you know. I bet you're all jealous and have peach envy too.

The rabbits enjoy the peach tree too; they love to eat the peaches and the leaves. Any peaches that are questionable or are on the soft and rotten side go into the rabbit cages and gobbled up in no time. Emilie likes to pick up the leaves that fall and feed them to the bunnies, which they eagerly devour. Come to think of it last year the woodchucks would venture out and eat the peaches that fell to the ground. Not a big as there were plenty but I'd rather feed my animals instead of some pesky rodent. The good news, at least I think it's good news, is that the woodchucks are no longer around this year. They've migrated to my dad's yard and have become a HUGE nuisance there by helping themselves to his garden vegetables.

No comments: