Thursday, August 16, 2007

Pumpkins

Here are the latest pictures of our compost pumpkins. These are pumpkin plants that grew from last Halloween's pumpkins. I tossed them in the compost pile in the fall and here they've come back for another run - no pun intended.

I am fighting my OCD urges to pull these up so I can mow the grass. It also could be that I am just too damn anal. In any event I will be leaving them as they are - as you can see they're doing pretty good. There are 4 pumpkins growing but only two with any size, as you can see below and Emilie is pretty excited too.

Closer...

Closer...

Closer...


Yup, I was lying on my stomach taking these pictures. The neighbors are gonna think I've really lost it now. Actually, come to think of it, I'm sure they already think that; JoAnne does...

See posting dated Wednesday, December 06, 2006 titled 'Jack-O-Lantern 2006'
See posting dated Friday, June 15, 2007 titled, 'Compost Pumpkins'

No comments: