Sunday, January 06, 2008

Vasilopita 2008

In keeping with our family tradition we all gathered at my aunt and uncles house on New Years Day for a nice diner followed by the cutting of the vasilopita (dime cake). My Uncle has been cutting the cake for as long as I can remember. In that time I can't recall if the dime was ever found in any of his pieces over the years. Well, this year it was, well sort of. The dime was actually in the middle of the cut between his piece and my aunts, so they get to split the good fortune for 2008 (five cents a piece hahaha).

Happy New Year!

The picture above is the actual piece showing the location of the dime.

Click here to see last years Vasilopita posting...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT baker you must have!!

Anonymous said...

Happy New year to all and may again have another year of fun.
Diaspora on Greek TV has done a wonderful job connecting all of us with love. Atlanta, Ga Ntina
d2d4u@aol.com