Sunday, April 06, 2008

Cottontail Rabbit Mishap

In my earlier post I talked about tilling the garden and getting it ready for Spring planting. Well, much to my surprise and unknowingly I tilled a wild cottontail rabbit nest too. Had I not heard the squeaking from the little guy pictured above I would have never known. I had to dig him out of the dirt by listening to his cries. Sadly though his two litter mates weren't so lucky and didn't fare too well against the shovel I was using to till with.

Truth be don't I don't hold too much hope for this dude either. I was somewhat hopeful and thinking that perhaps Oreo, our domestic rabbit, would be able to nurse this little guy. However, he showed NO interest in nursing when we tried last night. We'll keep trying and if we're lucky he'll eat, otherwise the outcome doesn't look too good.

No comments: