Thursday, August 12, 2010

It's Official My Oldest is a Pionner!

A Sacred Heart University Pioneer that is...

Tuesday August 10, 2010 drove my oldest daughter to college! She's a freshman, attending Sacred Heart University in Fairfield, Connecticut. She is also playing for their field hockey team, #15!

Although, classes haven't official begun, the athletes are required to be on campus almost a month ahead of time, as they need to prepare and get ready for the season. So there will be practices and meetings and practices and practices and more practices. It's been about a day and a half and the text message I received from Stephanie this morning read, "Pain! So much pain!".

I don't know where the time went. How can I be dropping my daughter off at college already?! It seems like only yesterday that she was tooling around the yard with her baseball cap on with curls running around the sides. Am I really that old (not old as in old but old as in I have an 18 yo daughter starting college old)?

It was very emotional (for me anyway). It was a a BIG day for both of us. She's starting of a new chapter in her life and I couldn't be prouder.

1 comment:

Michelle Clay said...

Awwwww, congrats!