Monday, May 30, 2011

As Astro Would Say,"Rot-Row George"

Care to take a guess at what these (4) white pieces are?!

Give up?



There are the remaining piece of my temporary crown. As I'm sure you can guess a temporary crown isn't supposed to look like this, no sir! Somehow, while taking a bite of tuna fish, CRUNCH, CRUNCH, CRUNCH...OH *HIT! And that darn Murphy I tell yeah, he's a really beauty! Of course this happened on Friday at noontime of a holiday weekend, why wouldn't it?

The concept of a temporary crown is to protect what remains of the tooth and nerves that have been exposed during step 1 of a crowning procedure. SO, without the "protection" (temporary crown), eating and drinking is a tad sensitive, especially if the items are really cold (beer) or really hot (my morning coffee).

I did get a hold of my dentist and we agreed that I would tough it out through the long weekend, with the understanding that if it became too uncomfortable to call him again. He wants to see me first thing on Tuesday to make me another temporary crown but I'm leaning towards limping along until my permanent one comes in, which shouldn't be too much longer.

Alas, what can you do. That's the way the belly buttons, as my mother would say.

No comments: