Friday, July 20, 2012

Play Ball, Well Sort of...


First garlic of 2012!

I harvested (6) of our garlic this past Sunday and have them hanging on the clothesline to dry!

I was very surprised at the size when I dug the first one out.  It was about the size of a baseball, no kidding!  The picture above doesn't show the size that well.  I will need to take another with a baseball included, so you can see what I am talking about and also to prove that I am not exaggerating. The other five followed suit and are about the same size, they're monsters, yummy!

Without going outside to count at the moment I'm guessing we have about 30 more plants to harvest.  We're going to have garlic coming out of our ears.

Again, I will need to check to see what kind of garlic these are and be sure to plant the same in the same in the future.

No comments: