Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Eggplant - Violette di Firenze

 
Back in September of 2011 I placed an online seed order from a company called Seven Acre Seeds.
 
At the time I was after a different Garlic to plant and selected their hard-neck German White Garlic and what a winner that turned out to be!
 
Anyway, as a bonus with that order, Seven Acre Seeds, included several free packages of seeds to try.  For the life of me I can not recall what they all were except for this awesome eggplant, which is called "Violette di Firenze".  This is an heirloom variety from Italy and touted as one of the best tasting eggplants.
 
This was our first eggplant ever grown and harvested here at the ole homestead.  Also, and I will toot my own horn here, these plants were started indoor and as you can tell, transplanted successfully!
 
There are more on the way and we'll let you know how tasty these dudes are!

No comments: