Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I'm "One of The Best..."

 
We have a Gateway laptop that no longer boots.  It appears that the machine is not getting power.  So, I reached out to Gateway technical support via their website and fired up a chat session with a support technician named Prabhu.  For the sake of this blog posting I will be referring to Prabhu as "Peggy".
 
Clearly "Peggy" was responding using a script and although very professional and courteous, it was nauseating just the same.  Don't get me wrong I love courteous, and in my opinion courtesy in every day interactions is hard to find any more, but "Peggy" was a little over the top.
 
After describing the laptop issue "Peggy" had me try several troubleshooting tasks and in the end he believes the issue is with the power adapter unit (the cords that plug from the wall outlet to the computer).
 
He provided me with information on where to purchase replacement parts for our Gateway and even apologized if he ever disappointed me, WOW.  So I'll look into it further.
 
In closing, and I think we can all agree that this was NOT being regurgitated via a script, he said, "You have been one of the best customers I have come across...".
 
I have that effect on people!  After all, I'm a people person...hahaha

No comments: