Sunday, October 14, 2012

Phew, Glad That's Done!

 
A post-hole digger is your friend!  Well, yesterday it was my friend.
 
I dug (3) 12" diameter holes that are 4' deep in preparation for a new deck support system that we're installing. 
 
Hole digging here in New England is typically a huge undertaking with Murphy's Law always playing  role.  Inevitably, the location one chooses to dig is exactly where that monstrous rock is always hiding.  When this occurs and if you're lucky the rock is movable, however, a 12" diameter hole is now a 24+" diameter hole.  If your not lucky, well then you SOL!
 
In my case I was SUPER lucky, and with the exception of the large rock (soccer ball sized) in the above picture, I had NO problems.  I had all three holes dug and ready their for sonar tubes and concrete in under and hour.

No comments: