Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Belly - The human trunk below the ribs



I find myself in a conundrum of sorts today.

I'm wearing a new pair of slacks and having an issues with the waist.  Although, very comfortable, the waist line is a tad too big.

Outside of having them hemmed I can think of several possible options I could do in an attempt to resolve but each have their own draw backs.  For example,
  1. I could tighten my belt. But that would be too uncomfortable.
  2. I could hike the britches up.  But then I'd look like the dude in the above picture or Urkel. Plus, I haven't hit the age where it would be socially acceptable to walk around like that.
  3. I could consciencely push my belly outward, forcing the trousers to stay in place.  But this would then portray me as being frumpy, over weight and out of shape and just isn't too appealing.  This option goes against what I typically try to do, and that's to suck the old gut in and chest out.
Alas.

No comments: