Monday, March 04, 2013

Happy Birthday Dad


I came across this Parkinson's disease poem -


LIFE IS GOOD!!??
“LIFE IS GOOD” on my shirt it is said,
And I keep repeating it in my head.
But there are times I do not agree
Because life’s not always filled with glee.
Why do I think in these negative ways?
Because life has thrown me a curve, let’s say.
This giant curve begins with a capital P.
Parkinson’s has made my life a mystery.
As I look at the gleaming sky and birds,
My love of life is too strong for words
But the dreaded future is haunting me.
Will there be happiness or misery?
“Live in the present”, I hear every day
But it’s hard to constantly live that way.
There are fears and trials I cannot deny,
Fear that I will not succeed when I try.
I look at the words on my shirt and ponder
Is life really good or should I wonder
Life can be good if I stop and enjoy
The beauty and love no one can destroy.

written by Leeson
2009 (4/26/2012)

No comments: