Friday, April 26, 2013

The Circle of Life...

 
The irony of it all!
 
The circle of life at our ole homestead is one that occurs every couple of years.  The premise behind this event is that the new Spring chicks will replace the our older hens come the fall.
 
After a couple of years the older hens egg production drops.  No free rides here, they need to earn their keep.  If my timing is right these new pullets will begin laying (~5 - 6 months) about the time I advertise the older hens.
 
Also, between you me and the lamppost, I am not too crazy about the Buff Orpington chickens we have now.
 
Actually, come to think of it, these chicks might be just the solution in riding the basement of the rabbit/bunny odor that's masking the cat litter box odor.  It's brilliant I tell you!!

No comments: